There are undoubtedly many talented screenwriters from New Zealand, and what they deliver, comes alive on your screen, and in movie theatres around the world. Here are some of the top screenwriters from the country, with examples of their work.
- Peter Jackson: Born in New Zealand, you will probably know Peter Jackson best, for his job as the primary screenwriter for “The Lord of the Rings” movies, probably one of the most well-known movie franchises of all time
- Andrew Adamson: This talented screenwriter, and producer, from New Zealand, brought us the blockbuster bestsellers “Shrek” and “Shrek 2”. He was also the screenwriter for “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe”, and he has been nominated for many awards for his outstanding work, which has wowed fans worldwide
- Christine Jeffs: This skilful screenwriter has not written any well-known movies, but her consistent role in commercials earns her a valued place on this list. She was also the writer for the independent films “Sunshine Cleaning”, and “Rain”
- Anthony McCarten: This gentleman is both a novelist and a screenwriter, with many different projects under his belt that are worth checking out for yourself. He actually wrote “The Theory of Everything” and “Darkest Hour”. His books include an amazing one that is titled “Death of a Superhero”
- Anna Campion: Born in Wellington, Anna Campion has been working on movies for years. Some horror movies that she was the screenwriter for include “Bloody Weekend” and “The Audition”. She is undoubtedly very talented in her field, and also works as a director of the movies that she has written
- Andrew Niccol: He has been nominated for many awards for his work, and you might best know him as being the screenwriter for such movies as “Lord of War”, “The Host” and “The Truman Show”, amongst others